Really Quick Counterstrike Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirm

Hi folks,

I would just like to know if a person playing Counterstrike:Source can play against someone using regular Counterstrike.

I've never tried HL2, so I don't know anything about it. it's just that when I use Steam to look for CS servers, most of them say Counterstrike:Source. Does that mean that the two are the same game, but with different graphics? :hotbounce

Thanks

Yes you can! :bounce:

The it is basically the same game just better graphics and u can still play with all your old friends on CS 1.6

well if someone is running CS 1.6 and you are on CS:Source then no you cant play with them at the same time, but if you are on CS 1.6 and they are on CS 1.6 then you can, CS:Source is a highly upgraded versone of the original CS, New skins, graphs, ragdoll, new everything exept gameplay, but steam treats the two as two seperate games, and in order to play CS:source you must have a purchased copy of HL2. So if you want to play CS:source with a buddy just make sure both of you are running CS:source, hope this answers any questions. :D

-Lupus6

I thought so too. CS:Source is totally different from CS 1.6. I don't think they are compatible with each other.

cT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back