RealTek HD Audio 5.1 problem

I've had this problem for a while, in a few different forms.

Basically, i'm not getting full 5.1 from my Creative system. I'm getting sound from my sub and two side speakers, but nothing from the center or satellites. It's the opposite if I plug my audio cable into the satellite socket on the sub, is it just a case of getting a splitter for my audio cable?

It's not a problem with the speaker system, i've tested all the units serperately and they all work fine.

MOBO: Asrock 4Core1600-D800

Specs say it's 5.1 compatible.

When trying to configure my sound, all I was able to do until recently is select either Stero or Quadrophonic settings. After a driver update the only option is Stereo.

I'm by no means confident enough to go deleting drivers trial and error, but am assuming it's a software problem or needing a splitter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I had a logitech 5.1 surround system (can't recall the model) but I had a similar issue. What I ended up doing is just putting them on my laptop desk and using a splitter on them and plugged them into the two headphone jacks on the front, worked fine.

how about installing the driver that comes with your CD? yes, in order to enjoy 5.1 sound you have to select 5.1 Speakers option in the control panel.

Back