Recommendation on new Mobo/CPU combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerabuser30

I'd like to get a new motherboard and a new CPU. My old stuff is just not cutting it anymore. However I have very little money so I would like to replace these first then gradually replace everything else. I currently have a radeon x700 pci-e graphics card, 1 sata drive, 3 ide hard drives, a whole bunch of miscellaneous usb things, an ide disk drive and 4 512 sticks of ram. I ran cpuz to find out more on my ram and all I could find was that it is ddr in dual channels. I am also running windows xp. I have a 500w power supply. I prefer AMD processors and ASUS boards. I have been looking at some of the new quad core amds at newegg that seem to run about 200. Anyone use those? And would they recommend them? Does anyone have any advice for what I could get and keep all my other things?

Expect to buy new RAM as well, considering the fact that DDR was phased out years ago. What PSU do you currently have? What is your budget?

Its just an antec 500w. Nothing special. I was hoping to avoid buying new ram. I was planning on spending about 200 on chip and 200 on board but if I have to get new ram I may just end up waiting a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back