Red dots & lines in BIOS and Windows 7

RustyZip

Hi.
Any help on the below problem I'd really appreciate.

One day while on my PC, it quickly really slowed down, then windows 7 stated something about video memory (I think) in the bottom right hand corner.
The screen flashed black a few times and was sluggish, then Microsoft Excel reported something along the lines of "not enough resources" etc.
Then the "graphics" on the screen were doing weird things - thick black lines were going down the screen.
I shut down the PC, or pressed reset, cant remember and restarted the PC.
Straight away the screen showed small blue or green dots all over the screen including in the BIOS setup.
It would then proceed to try and load windows 7, only to get just before the windows logo starts spinning around, and then shuts down again.
I can get into Windows by going into Safe Mode with networking, where everything seemed normal on the desktop.
I read online it was most probably a graphics card problem, which was a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT, so I bought a new Nvidia GeForce GTX 7700 and installed it, installed drivers etc.
Booted it up, and now I have loads more red dots in the BIOS screens, but it now does load Windows 7, and I can operate Windows Ok, but even in Windows I have red dots all over the screen (especially on top of dark coloured backgrounds.

Pleae help - im tearing my hair out here.....

Hi Thanks for your input.

But I tried wiggling the Monitor Cable at the back of the PC and it was slightly loose, tightened it up, and lo and behold - its fixed it !!
But I think the old graphics card must of been duff, as surely I wouldn't get memory and resource errors, also windows freeze ups would I.
I must of just not pushed in the monitor cable far enough when I installed the new graphics card !! D'oh....

Could someone please confirm that my original problem (error & memory messages in windows, and then not being able to load Windows 7) would NOT have been because of a loose monitor cable ? A loose monitor cable cant cause those problems can it ?
Im just trying to make sure that the original graphics card WAS the problem !
Many thanks......

Everything should be okay now. When I told you to try another monitor it got you to check the video cable so all is good... The old video card caused the Windows errors

Back