Red Redemption 2 PC

GLenn63

I bought this game from steam and just could not get it to launch. I was looking for a game that would showcase some upgrades on my pc and I love the idea of a western in an open world game. Disappointed, I 've been eyeballing that game for some time now.

Loved that game..I almost finished it then something else came out that grabbed my attention then Cyberpunk 2070 and I haven't been back. I am running a Ryzen 7 2700x and a RTX 2080 but I just built a Ryzen 5600x with a RTX 3090 and that rig runs 50% faster so I think I will just move everything over and start RDR2 over.

Wow.. Sounds like some serious hardware you have. That would be what I call a "He Man Rig". Did you have any problems launching RD2. I returned mine to steam for a refund. I heard that the game was glitchy but I have never had more trouble installing games since I've had windows 10. I also think there is a possibility that nvidea's drivers don't work with win. 10 as well as past windows versions, but I really don't know. Is the hype about Cyberpunk true? I might get that myself.

RDR2 was not glitchy at all. This is the team that did GTAV which was a high water mark of a game. It ran flawless on my RTX 2080 rig when I let the GeForce Experience make all the changes to my graphics settings. When I tried to fool around with the settings all I was getting was a choppy frame rate. If you have not played that you should check that out too.

Cyberpunk 2077 is glitchy for sure but for me..it's worth it because I like the game a lot and need a LOT of machine to run it unfortunately. I would avoid that one until you upgrade. Any idea what you are running over there?

I have rtx 3070, with 32gb memory, ryzen 3600 cpu. I don't know where I went wrong on RDR2, I might try again down the road. I still have a few other games I should catch up on, Even though I own a hard copy of witcher 3 I have not even started yet. Cyberpunk 2077 seems like an eventual must have.

WIth your rig you can easily play RDR2 ..if you didn't let GeForce Experience set your graphics settings, you could try that? Worked for me and still does. =)

Witcher 3 is even easier on systems. I tired and stopped playing that three times because I didn't want to go through all the controls training but it is worth it and it is another high water mark game. One of the best. =)

You are the man , g-force experience worked. I returned the game and got my $40 back. Then I bought the online version for $5 from steam and that did the same thing as the full game version did. It would start to launch but it would go to a black screen right at the spot the full game version did. Then I remembered what you said to try and geforce experience worked. I always thought that program was mostly taking screen shots, adding filters and eye candy. But it helps optimize each game to work with your gpu. The game looks great, im not sure if I'll buy the full download version yet the online one looks good so far. Now I just have to take care of the screen flicker from g-sync and I'll be in gaming heaven. Thanks, I got the feeling this is going to be a real helpful tool with a lot of games.

Oh good to hear!

G Sync -wise I am using a monitor that has G Sync hardware in it. When customers ask me for a great monitor I always re-sell this model rather, than a monitor that has Freesync and is marked compatible.

ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Black 27" 165Hz 2560 x 1440 2K 4ms NVDIA G-SYNC, 350cd/m2, 1000:1, DP, HDMI, IPS Built-in Speakers, Tilt, Swivel, Pivot, Height Adjustable, VESA Mount.

It would run your RDR2 in 2560 x 1440 and look unbelievably good. You should get the single player full version again. It's that good. The online version is OK too tho'! =)

That asus monitor of must have a steep price, that's some serious hardware. I have a dell 32" 165Hz 2560x1440 that I scooped up on a black friday sale, while it does not claim to be compatible with g-sync, you can get g-sync... but it causes the screen to flicker. So close and yet so far. I did try and buy the full version of RRD2 but, long story, just glad I used paypal.

Glad you got RDR2 again. Cost-wise it was only about $100CAN more than others. I got mine for $800CAN..so that would cost about a third less in $USD. For a monitor to have the GSync there is some hardware that goes inside the monitor (pictured in this video). That drives the cost up, so that's why Nvidia launched a GSync compatible program that let users turn on GSync even though the monitor only had a software solution created by AMD called Freesync.

I don't know if it's wishful thinking or not but my monitor seems like it has a much better picture over all with freesync enabled. From the little I that I read about it was that it just worked with an amd graphics card.

Wow.. Sounds like some serious hardware you have. That would be what I call a "He Man Rig". Did you have any problems launching RD2. I returned mine to steam for a refund. I heard that the game was glitchy but I have never had more trouble installing games since I've had windows 10. I also think there is a possibility that nvidea's drivers don't work with win. 10 as well as past windows versions, but I really don't know. Is the hype about Cyberpunk true? I might get that myself.
RDR2 flows like butter in my rig. No problem.

Back