1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Refresh rate

By dedtrimabou
May 26, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. So, I was happily looking through my amd r7 260x display settings when I accidentally changed the refresh rate of it. My monitor is capped at 60hz and whenever I boot up the pc it’s a constant black screen but everything seems to working fine

Help me please

Thanks,
    Dedtrimabou

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing - click on the rock below.. Posts: 3,997   +1,177

The refresh rate is saved on the system and you can not get that on screen in order to change it. Someone may have a better idea, but I would pull the card and put in something else any older lesser card should do. Once Windows PnP gives you basic screen wipe out the old driver information with DDU and then do a new install for the AMD R7 260x

3. dedtrimabou

dedtrimabou TS Rookie Topic Starter

Do you reckon a gtx970 will do

4. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing - click on the rock below.. Posts: 3,997   +1,177

I think so - especially since it won't ask for the same drivers, etc. Another possibility popped up in this ancient rock of a mind (sound of head slap) - SAFE Mode is worth a try... https://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...