Replacement for t2385 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a emachines T2385 desktop and the motherboard is done they are not made anymore it is a trigen imperial glve what can you replace it with

please help emachines and gateway were no help at all

You may be able to fit a standard micro ATX motherboard in the case, but odds are that front panel connections like power switch, power LED, hard drive LED and USB ports are not going to just fit with out some re-wiring. You could buy any socket 478 motherboard and a new case then reuse the old CPU, drives and other parts. But then you may as well upgrade from the Celeron too.

A lot of OEM's use very different connections. Standard connections have one small plug for each LED and switch labeled clearly.

I just put a Biostar Tforce-939 micro ATX motherboard in a old IBM P3 desktop case. I had too clip off the long single plug and electrical tape on single plugs I cut out of another old tower case. I had to modify it some to put in a full size power supply and then I painted it black. It really was not too hard to do.

I'm not certain that a standard micro ATX will fit, or if the power supply's connections are even standard. I bet that a new motherboard will work with just some small wireing changes.

hdcowboy said:
how much rewiring would that be plug ends or advanced

none emachines does use seperate labled connections on it's cases instead of a block connector bucause they use motherboards from different manufactures (mostly trigen but they also use MSI and ASUS on some systems It depends what they could get cheaply at the time) and the same case.If your motherboard is fried it was likely the fault of the cheap powersupply that E-machines uses so make sure to replace that too. Try to find a motherboard with the same chipset as you have or you will need to buy a new copy of XP. Emachines uses standard parts,motherboard mounts, and PSUs so finding replacement parts is easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back