Report: Microsoft's smartwatch constructed of transparent aluminum

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Earlier this year we learned that Microsoft was working on a smartwatch of their own – pretty much a given considering the industry shift toward wearable technology. Previous reports noted that Microsoft had placed orders for 1.5-inch displays from component...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/53236-report-microsofts-smartwatch-constructed-of-transparent-aluminum.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

hitech0101

The only thing I can think off when it comes out it won't support windows 8 and it M$ will make a OS to run the watch which then will be launched for PC,tablets and phones too.

cliffordcooley

So how long does this Smartwatch last on battery power? If it's less than one month, I'm won't even consider looking at it for purchase.

p51d007

BONES: Scotty...how do you know he invented transparent aluminum...
SCOTTY: How do you know he didn't?

misor

BONES: Scotty...how do you know he invented transparent aluminum...
SCOTTY: How do you know he didn't?
lool. I thought I was The only classic star trek fan here.
(you beat me on that post...I hate you. :) )

misor

"are said to include 6GB of storage alongside cloud storage via LTE connectivity. "
unfortunately, since he device runs on modified windows w8tch OS, additional storage is only available via cloud... :) (which I hope is not true:) )

Skidmarksdeluxe

Android, Windows, Firefox & iOS operating systems all requiring a different watch. That wouldn't be a problem if I were a cephalopod, I'd still have room for another four operating systems.

Emexrulsier

I haven't worn a watch since high school some 17 years ago (infact I still own the watch :D). I normally use the time on my smart phone or simply forget about time and just chill :D

ET3D

I'm still waiting to see how the Touch Time turns out. It's the only geek watch I know of which promises good battery life (1 year).

St1ckM4n

I'm still waiting to see how the Touch Time turns out. It's the only geek watch I know of which promises good battery life (1 year).

Interesting. Battery life is good probably because of no bluetooth, but I'm still unconvinced that a cell battery is so much better than a rechargeable li-po.