Resetting an iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

learninmypc

TS Evangelist
A friend asked me how to reset her Iphone 5, but I told her I had no idea but I knew somebody who did. So although I have no model #, I'm sure you guys/gals can help. TIA :)

Jad Chaar

Elite Techno Geek
All what you need to do is hold the home button and the power button until the Apple logo appears. This is the same for all iOS devices :).

St1ckM4n

TS Evangelist
Reset is a vague word in this context. What JC describes in the 'Restart/reboot' equivalent to an iPhone.

If you want to 'reset' it to factory settings? Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

Reactions: learninmypc

learninmypc

TS Evangelist
Reset is a vague word in this context. What JC describes in the 'Restart/reboot' equivalent to an iPhone.

If you want to 'reset' it to factory settings? Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
Yes, that is exactly what she wants to do. Thank you to both. :)

learninmypc

TS Evangelist
Ok, I just received said iPhone instead of the iPad I wanted :) & I need a tutorial.
ALL it came with is the power/recharge cord. I had a friend set up the Apple ID :).

learninmypc

TS Evangelist
Did I goof? I need the tutorial for the iPhone, not iPad. Its been a very looooooooooooooog day but a damn happy one. :)

Cobalt006

TS Evangelist
I am not big on Apple products. But my phone will do this when it is not getting a strong enough connection. Have you tried letting it accept cookies? If so is it working.

learninmypc

TS Evangelist
I went out today & took some pictures with the iphone & when I got home, I emailed them to myself but when I went to download them to my computer, they were in a zipped folder, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.