Restarts indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so i reinstalled windows xp, now at the loading of windows xp, before the windows set up.. dos set up worked fine, but now it just restarts indefinitly.
i just bought this laptop for my brother and he needs it for schools please help asap.

"...now at the loading of windows xp, before the windows set up.. DOS set up worked fine..."

Please explain in more detail. In lieu of an explanation, Windows XP must be fully installed frist on a clean, formatted drive, before you go back and install DOS on another partition.

ok i'm not to good at this. but i originally had a probleme where my com. would loud but it would stop before the desktop screen and turn black.
so i put in the media 3.5 disk and booted from that, and thats where my com. just kept on repeating. it just loads the screen that says DELL then it restarts.

please help me with this. i need ANY good ideas

What do you mean by, "...but i originally had a probleme where my com. would loud but it would stop before the desktop screen and turn black..."

Perhaps a bit more information would help us help you.

I believe he meant his computer would load but it would restart at or just after the windows splash screen. Sounds to me like you may need to run a chkdsk /r from the recovery cosole, if you have the Windows installation disc that is.

It sounds like, from what you're saying, windows cannot load some files it needs to continue booting.
As far as a fix for this, you could try booting from the XP install CD, and pressing 'r' to enter the recovery console.
Upon entering the recovery console, log into the windows installation, and then type 'chkdsk /r'.
In the end, you may need to repair the installation using the install disk, or re-install completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back