Router and filesharing problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ph30nIX

I just bought a Dlink G604T adsl/router with wireless capabilities. I upgraded from my primary PC hosting net through a crossover cable to my 2nd-ary pc. Just about everything is working fine, 2 pcs access net and 1 wireless accessing net. Problem is neither pc 2 or 3 (wireless) can access pc1's files.

Pc 2 can access files on pc3 through wireless and vice versa. i.e pc 1 can access pc2 and 3's files but not have its own accessed from any other computer. The error message is "You do not have permission to access this computer, please contact administrator" or something along those lines.

I am assumming that this has something to do with the fact I was running ICS using the crossover cable and have tried to remove any settings I think would conflict including turning the firewall off.

I have enabled NetBIOS on all PC's and made pc1 the "effective server" which shows up when using the "nbstat -n" command in cmd.exe as follows on the tomshardwareguide tutorial.

So far I have been unable to find any settings in the router or any of the computers. Also, pc1 cannot host a LAN game of Warcraft3, but can on the internet.

Any help would be appreciated as I am absolutley stumped on what could be causing the issue.

Kind regards,
Ph30nIX

You need to put all your PCs in the network to the same Workgroup name and similar IP address range (minus the last no. to identify each individual machines)

Check if you've set up password permissions for those shared folders, or loged into the network if it needs it

wire them directly and see if that makes any difference....

as server what is protocal you are using and did you enable this in firewall
even with it off (firewall)the service may be running blocking the ports
check the security tab for the drive on the machine 1 that others cannot access
set the users and admin permissions plus add NETWORK
when adding users groups hit advanced tab and do search
list of groups users will pop up
highlight the one ones you want to add

this may do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back