Router problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I have bought a Netgear RP614 router. I want to be able to play my ps2 online and surfing the web at the same time. But all i can do is get on the internet with my pc. Any help would be appriceted.

How did you set up the router? How have you set up the PC and the PS2?

I'm not familiar with PS2 online gaming but you may have to forward some ports in the router or set your PS2 to be the DMZ host.

PS2 would hook up via the network cable to the adapater.

The PS2 software has to initialize the adapter (it's not even on until the software actually uses it).

There is a cd that can set up a "generic" connection settings that comes with the adapter which other games can use or the games themselves have there own connection software (FFXI for example).

I think you will have to open the ports up for whatever game you want to communicate Or if you can make the PS2 a static IP address and put it in the DMZ (try hacking the PS2 :) that would confuse somepeople)

I do know that Linksys router I've used before had no issues with PS2.

Thanks jstillion, luckly i found my ps2 network cd, went over the isp setup now everything works like it should. Once again thanks.

yea i bought a netgear router a few days ago casue i was sick of gettin off line to play online games but now tha i have my netgear router all set up, i cant connect to online for ps2 only my internet works....HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back