RTX 3000 series owners thread. Post what ya got!

Tyrchlis

It's still the Wild West out there to get a 3000 series card at all, but a few of us have slipped through and snagged an Ampere card of some flavor or another. If you're one of the chosen few to lay hands on your own Ampere card, what card did ya get, when did you get it, and did you pay MSRP or get scalped? Lastly, would you recommend the card you got to your friends and why?

I'll start 'er off...

PNY RTX 3090 24Gb XLR8 Gaming Epic-X (VCG309024TFXPPB).

Ordered on launch day through PNY direct phone order (they called me to take my order), 10 minutes after launch minute. Paid exactly 1499.99, no tax, free shipping 2nd day. Shipped out the next day which was a Friday, so didn't arrive till the following Tuesday, September 29th.

Card has been running for one full month now and is a dream GPU in every sense of the word, except maybe not the extreme overclocker sense since this is a pure reference card. Gaming maximum temperatures are 75C with case side on, 70C with case side off. Performance averages double or more over the GTX 1080 Ti that it replaced, even in the face of a minor CPU and PCIe bottleneck @ 1440p which is quickly eliminated by games demanding heavy ray tracing where RTX 3090 really begins to shine... 1440 + 165hz + Gsync while running ray tracing. The fit is actually perfect.

I will say the myth of these being 4K ONLY cards is ignorant of the high refresh rate monitors out there that at 1440p allow running 165-240hz refresh rates and INSANELY smooth gaming while still using the heaviest feature out there... ray tracing.

So yes, I would highly recommend this card to any gamer/content creator combo user that USES their machine, not overclocks it to hell and back. Stability is rock solid, even during the "Ampere CTD capacitor incident". Never a single CTD on this card before the driver update made that a non-issue. PNY cards never reported a SINGLE issue of that type. Reference card for the win. I won't take any benchmark Hall of Fame slots, but what I have is amazingly stable, FAST gaming and gaming mod tools use now. Win/win.

Edit - I would go out on a limb and say owning an RTX 3090 feels a LOT like owning a Titan. Excess in all respects. Brilliant :p

EJPupOW.jpg

Last edited:
Feelin' kinda lonesome here... I guess I'm the ONLY Ampere owner in the world now. All by my lonesome. Nobody else to gloat with. I will go cry in teh corner now...

Ronry, I'm so ronry... *sung in Kim Il Jong voice*

:p

I set my alarm to get up at ungodly hour so that I was ready as soon as they went live. On the very first second I saw a reference card on the Nvidia website, I added it my cart and no way could I check out. All I got wa errors and more errors like "Something went wrong".

Only later did I find out the buyer used some kind of special software that bought them all up to resell them on Ebay, Craigs List etc..I hope they choke on them but I know they are smarter than me since buyers want them to mine coins. All that coin mining crap we went through before. Been there done that.

I see it happened again with the Ryzen 5000 CPUs and then it happened again with the new Big Navi 6000 video cards.

All the retailers promise a email notification of stock (nothing yet) and some retailers say they are not taking back orders. So I don't know what to do but just be happy with my Ryzen 2700x and my RTX 2080 vanilla. I'm gaming at 2560 x 1440 144Hz so I think I'm in pretty good shape. Better than most.

I see it happened to the consoles too..Xbox, PS5.

If you're not too picky about brand, PNY will put you on the waiting list by just calling in to the sales department and talk to Lisette. Tell her that the Golden Ticket guy sent ya. You will only wait a week to two at most and they call you and take your order over the phone. The last person I got on the list got their order in last week and card is arriving today.

The sales phone number is on the web site.

EVGA 3090 kingpin ed it closed loop 3 fan 360mm system the fastest gaming card on the planet as it designed for seriously over clocking for example most card has 2 8 pin plugs but this has 3 for a draw up to 450 watts for more stable over clocking. yea it 2k but at least I got it as while I wanted a evga 3080 as evga offered extended warentys up 10 years

Well! So I'm not the only one! Kinda felt like it forever :p

Welcome to the club, guys! For me, the RTX 3090 is absolutely the best GPU I've ever owned, and that's accounting for the time frame the previous GPUs were owned in. It's more like owning a Titan than a regular Geforce in just pure performance terms.

I did eventually score one from Best Buy. I got a EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 XC3 Ultra Gaming 24GB GDDR6X Video Card for $2169 CAN. I had also grabbed a ABS system from NewEgg that had a EVGA RTX3080 in it and it is quite capable too.

I did eventually score one from Best Buy. I got a EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 XC3 Ultra Gaming 24GB GDDR6X Video Card for $2169 CAN. I had also grabbed a ABS system from NewEgg that had a EVGA RTX3080 in it and it is quite capable too.

That's not a terrible price for the 3090 considering it's particularly higher end model and all. MSRP for it is higher than base to begin with, so that final price isn't actually TOO far off of expected. It's certainly better than the $3100 dollars average on Ebay they are going for.

And yup, pre-builts with a 3000 series in it are a totally legit way to snag one, I did so for my daughter's PC this time and managed to get her a RTX 3060 Ti that if it's price is considered in with the parts of the build's normal costs, the 3060 Ti ends up MIGHTY close to MSRP. And the rest of her machine is wicked strong too, though nothing over the top. Core i7 10700 (non-K), 16Gb DDR4 3200, 1Tb SSD, 3060 Ti, overall a killer deal for just under 1400 bucks before tax and shipping.

She loves it too, and I'm actually mighty impressed. It's the second Lenovo machine in our household as the first one was a mini-PC with Ryzen 4750G processor that is ridiculously fast for a tiny machine smaller than a Poptarts box. And she can game on it too! Amazing pre-builts of today are not crappy like in the old days.

Back