Rumored launch dates for GeForce GTX 1180, 1170, and 1160 graphics cards

midian182

Staff member
Highly anticipated: Is the anticipation for Nvidia’s next generation of GeForce cards driving you to despair? Thankfully, you might not have much longer to wait before the first GTX 11 series arrives. YouTube channel Gamer Meld claims the GTX 1180 will launch at the end of August, with a staggered release for the other GPUs.

Gamer Meld reports that it received an email from one of Nvidia’s add-in board partners regarding the current and next-gen components. It states that the 11xx cards were delayed due to other partners and manufacturers having an abundance of unsold or unfinished 10xx GPUs. It lists the new launch date for the GTX 1180 as August 30. The 1170/1180+ will arrive on September 30, while the GTX 1160 is set to show up on October 30.

The mention of a GTX 1180+ is interesting. Whether it turns out to be the GTX 1180 Ti, a name for third-party cards (non-Founders Edition versions), or a faster-clocked variant of the standard 1180 remains to be seen.

It’s worth remembering that this all needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, though there are some elements that line up with previous reports. We heard news of Nvidia miscalculations leading to excess GPU inventory last month, while some journalists have been invited to a PC-related Nvidia event at Gamescom at the end of August, where the GTX 11 series could be unveiled.

The email also mentions a conference call set to take place on August 21, which may be in preparation for the GTX 11xx launches.

Whether the email is real or not is debatable, but it seems that either way, we'll definitely know a lot more about Nvidia’s upcoming cards by the end of next month.

Permalink to story.

I'm very excited to hear of the 1180+ model. I just bought a MSI 1080 Armor OC and got it for $350 (wise dealing and couponing through Office Depot - thanks Reddit!). I'll sell that and either get a 1180 or 1180+ but I wonder what the 1180 Ti would be then... interesting speculations.

I'm very excited to hear of the 1180+ model. I just bought a MSI 1080 Armor OC and got it for $350 (wise dealing and couponing through Office Depot - thanks Reddit!). I'll sell that and either get a 1180 or 1180+ but I wonder what the 1180 Ti would be then... interesting speculations.

Goddamn, I spent more than that on my 1070. Talk about a steal...

What are you playing where you got got to have a 1180 so soon after buying a 1080? I would say just wait for the Ti version but then maybe you are conflicted because the price on your 1080 might drop even lower and by the time you sell you'll probably only break even, deal included...

What are you playing where you got got to have a 1180 so soon after buying a 1080? I would say just wait for the Ti version but then maybe you are conflicted because the price on your 1080 might drop even lower and by the time you sell you'll probably only break even, deal included...

I'm planning on buying a Samsung Q8FN 75" 4K panel for gaming and entertainment. So, even though I'm only at 1080p right now, I want to game at 4K... So, I purchased the 1080 - at $350 - with the sole purpose of either breaking even or making money on it in order to upgrade to the best of latest generation GPU.

Could I get a link to the reddit thread?

So, my situation was a combination of using the advice of the thread below and also the screw-up of Office Depot's system against them...

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsa...asus_turbo_gtx_1080_ti_56799_70999_20_online/

I had that Asus 1080 ti in my card, with the 20% applied, ready to go and checkout. I went to grab my wallet, and in that 2 minutes when I hit checkout and submit, they supposedly sold out. There was no "limited quantities" warning or anything else. So, obviously bummed, I got on their online chat (this is key) and talked to a rep. I basically accused them of what I thought qualified as a bait-and-switch (according to law) and they escalated it, and helped me out by eventually applying the 20% off to another card (the MSI Armor OC 1080) and an undisclosed gift card amount for my experience.

Their online chat customer service will bend over backwards to make things right, and I was satisfied with their solution... so, it wasn't a typical scenario, but, I should've had a 1080 ti for $567 instead - which I would've prefered.

So, my situation was a combination of using the advice of the thread below and also the screw-up of Office Depot's system against them...

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsa...asus_turbo_gtx_1080_ti_56799_70999_20_online/

I had that Asus 1080 ti in my card, with the 20% applied, ready to go and checkout. I went to grab my wallet, and in that 2 minutes when I hit checkout and submit, they supposedly sold out. There was no "limited quantities" warning or anything else. So, obviously bummed, I got on their online chat (this is key) and talked to a rep. I basically accused them of what I thought qualified as a bait-and-switch (according to law) and they escalated it, and helped me out by eventually applying the 20% off to another card (the MSI Armor OC 1080) and an undisclosed gift card amount for my experience.

Their online chat customer service will bend over backwards to make things right, and I was satisfied with their solution... so, it wasn't a typical scenario, but, I should've had a 1080 ti for $567 instead - which I would've prefered.
Ah I was under the assumption that there was a loophole that anyone could use to stack coupons or something. Oh well.

Ah I was under the assumption that there was a loophole that anyone could use to stack coupons or something. Oh well.

I mean, you might not get the gift card, but if you tell them to manually apply the 20% coupon because it had worked before (which is truth), then 20% a 1080 or 1080 ti is better than nothing off or even your average sale price. When you're talking $800 cards... that's a good amount off.

Back