Runtime Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLx/P

What does this error mean, and how can I fix it?

"A Runtime Error Has Occurred"

"Do you wish to Debug?"

Line: 118
Error: Unterminated String Constant

This is a problem when viewing webpages. And for some reason M$ has set it to default that you would be able to fix the problem by debugging (STUPID).

Anyway to fix it just go to Tools>>Internet Options. Then click on the Advanced tab and make sure that you have ticked "Disable script debugging" and unticked "Display a notification about every script error"
That should take care of your problem.

And once again don't worry about this, it is a problem on the website you are visiting.

Thanks very much. Seems like that has fixed the problem. Although TS was the only website I got this error on.

It was probably an error in one of the ads. there are some of the ads that don't always load properly, I think that is the fault of the ad server not of the TS staff.

Yes Stormbringer, I have never seen a problem with the TS code, only the ads. You can also look to see what it says, usually Line XXX part XXX, if you view source you will see what it is in reference to, but as I said it does you no good, because there is nothing you can do to change it.
Sorry for those inconveniences though.

fatal error message

ok ive tried everything i know but i still get this message im trying to get in an online game horizons, but when i click play horizons and it finishes the updates, i get this message
fatal error: invalid parameter: 3 @ c:\rm_goldmaster\source\stringutils.cpp:601
this is a run time error, but i cant find anyone that knows why i get it, if theres anyone that can help, pls replay

I get an error that reads like this:

Runtime Error!

Program:C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe

abnormal program termination

OK

... and if i click OK it closes my IE. I would appreciate any help,

Thank you, STK

That means your IE is crashing.

Could be because of a bad script on the website.. Could be because of bug with Internet Explorer.

My recommendation?

www.windowsupdate.com and download the latest IE updates.

My second recommendation if the first one doesn't work?

Use a different browser and investigate why IE doesn't work properly on this particular site.

Thank you.. for anyone else

ok well the updates ddidnt work, so i am now using mozilla. It's a new experiance(i like trying new things):grinthumb

I get an error that reads like this:

Runtime Error!

Program:C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe

abnormal program termination

OK

... and if i click OK it closes my IE.

Urgent Help Needed

beth

I am running Win 98 2nd ED. & have been getting an error message that reads runtime error226 at (a number is inserted here such as 026E65B3)
This happens when I have been accessing files on the net through outlook express & then when I try to go onto Explorer I get the same message & that the program will be closed down, then everything shuts down. I use Avast anti virus home Ed & spy doctor spyware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back