Sagispul and vundo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

So far these forums have been great at helping me with my little virus/malware problem. I started getting pop ups of a blank firefox pages with the address bar reading "sagispul.com" followed by words i had searched in google recently. I got some random pop up to other web pages after that also. Neither of these have happened since I finished scanning the first time, so hopefully I got that problems solved.

My other two problems now are that AVG7.5 is probably corrupted, from what I have been reading here, and fails when I try to do add/remove programs. I found a link in another thread to remove it, but for some reason I cannot get to the avg web site. After not being able to reach the avg page I remember that during the 8 Steps thread, I was unable to update any of my antivirus/spyware program definitions. I then tried all other sites like norton page, lavasofts page and so on. Any anti virus spyware page is unable to connect, but on the same network all the other computers have no problem connecting.

Sorry for the wall of text, just wanted to be as clear as possible. Here are my log files, thanks in advance for the help.

Here is the AVG removal tool

Run Startup Control Panel and remove any not required startups: (should be most!)

Start up Malwarebytes again; Update it; then run a full scan (remove all found Malwares)
You need to run this multiple times, until all hidden Malwares are uncovered and removed
By the way, your Malwarebytes definitions (program updates) were already old

There you go ;)

K did both and even went through some of the hijackthis stuff before posting the new log to get rid of some old startup items that the startup app couldn't seem to help with.

Here are my logs after doing a full scan, uninstalling some of those apps, and using winsockfix. The comp feels clean and is running better, hope the logs looks good. Thanks in advance.

Well done. :grinthumb
A couple of "file missing" entries in HJT (which you can tick and fix)
But overall quite good :)

Clear & Reset System Restore's Cache

Go to Start >> Run - type or copy/paste control sysdm.cpl,,4 and then press Enter

* Tick on the checkbox - Turn off System Restore on all drives
* Click Apply

Turn it back 'On' by unticking the same checkbox & click Apply, and then OK
And you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back