Samsung 22" Monitor 226BW will not wakeup

Status
Not open for further replies.
My slave monitor will not wake up. When I turn it off and on I see the proper background display for a brief instant but then it goes blank. I have tried disabling the slave terminal and re-enabling it but that doesn't help. If i leave it connected I do see the power light flash when the system screen sleeps and go solid when it wakes up...so i know its talking.

With no cable installed I can not bring up the menu or see the "check signal cable" box. Is it dead?

Thanks
GBurtt

as it is a slave, try connecting it as a master or primary monitor. If no signal it is probably dead.
Before you condemn it, just check that the settings are not off the clock - I once revived a monitor as if by magic as the contrast and brightness had been set to 0 on both counts - set them bacl to 50% and all was happy happy joy joy.

GBurtt said:
When I turn it off and on I see the proper background display for a brief instant but then it goes blank
That's pretty much the exact description I gave when i sent my monitor away to be repaired. Listed under service details when it came back was: Repaired PSU/inverter.

I had a similar problem connecting a slave monitor to a laptop. I was ready to throw the monitor away, then by accident I found that by NEARLY closing the lid of the laptop and opening it again it activated the screen. (If you close it totally it might shut it down depending on your settings). I thought this was just an anomaly of the laptop, but as I bought a new one last week, the same applies. I don't understand how, but it works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back