Samsung CLX-3160 Print Quality Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

witchypoo

When a print a black and white text document straight from the computer, the quality is fine. Color printing is very faded, and color copying is bad. When I make black and white text copies the copies are all faded. Is there anyway to set the printer so that the color is darker or is there setting in the computer? I have tried using different types of inks, and I have emptied the toner waste cartridge. Is there anything else?

Everything else on the printer works fine though, and I don't want to get rid of it, but this is really annoying. I don't understand why the quality is so faded, no error signs have come up on it

Are you using Samsung ink? Is it within the Samsung dates?
All settings for that printer are on the computer... using the Samsung drivers.
It appears yours needs a cleaning.

Everything needs to be cleaned with denatured alcohol and very soft lint-free cotton rags, along with a couple of cans of difluoroethane gas (Dust Off)... then you will be able to tell if it can be repaired. It if you do it right, it will take an hour or more... Do not use compressed air that has not been treated to eliminate static electrricity.
Sometimes when the colors print out faded and become worse, that means the printer has reached the end of its useful product life.
How old is the printer, and how many pages have been run through it?
You should always assume that you have a defective set of color inks... that were damaged while in shipping by excessive heat...
After I cleaned it, I would try a new ink cartridge that has been received via FedEx from the manufacturer or a major ink house... then compare the newly received cartridge with the one that prints faded images...
Samsung will take the bad one back for replacement if you do this to prove it is not you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back