Samsung DVD burner SH-W162L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My Samsung burner is spoiling all my DVDs. After burning windows says "nothing found on the DVD". The media appears completely blank in explorer. I tried several burning sw (nero, imgburn, Grab and burn...). Another thing I noticed is that when I load the DVD, the drive appears as "CD Reader" and not "DVD RW" as usual in Windows Explorer.
Please help
thank you

Worn out or just plain bad. There is nothing you can do to fix it. Luckily, great DVD-RW drives are available for as low as $24 or less at www.directron.com, www.tigerdirect.com, www.newegg.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.frys.com, www.techdepot.com, www.pcmall.com, www.cdw.com, www.krex.com... or at your local computer store for a little more.
Most of them do not last more than a year, and sometimes less, when heavily used. To many parts. Too narrow of tolerances, and wear out of specs too easily.

Do yourself a favor, stay away from any and all TSST drives. (Toshiba or Samsung).

My personal favorites are Pioneer.

We like the Pioneer, LG, Lite-On and Plextor.

We do NOT like Sony, Sony Nec, HLDS, HLD, HP, Asus, Acer, Artec, MSWI, Sabrent.... and have nothing nice to say about HLDS, Iomega, and LaCie... the three most troublesome.

We keep very close records with our repair ships in four states... and the Toshiba and Samsung hold up pretty well. In fact, the Toshiba laptop drives are by far the most reliable.

Please tell us more, as we find both Toshiba and Samsung in the top third for reliability and long life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back