Samsung DVD-RW Win7

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyeman

Okay I've been beating my head against a wall all day on this. I have a system with 2 HD's, one 150gig Seagate running Windows XP and another 1Tb Seagate running Win 7. Both have been functioning perfectly fine for the last couple of months. I thought I might try to add a partion and load Win7 64bit version on the 1 Tb HD. So I booted to DVD Drive, but the system hung on the splash screen. My only option was to force shut down. When it booted back up, DVD was not recognized in "Computer"
In device manager it looks like a driver conflict (Yellow triangle with explanation) mark. Device status shows Device can't start error 10. So I removed the driver and tried to reinstall. Windows doesn't properly install the driver and device manager shows same info subsequently. The drive works perfectly on the HD running Win XP
I searched the Samsung website and found no drivers available, I searched the boards and found similar issues, but none of the suggestions have worked. I uninstalled all OEM software, copied them from the HD running Win XP. I've tried a number of other things which I won't add, but suffice it to say, its still not recognized. Any thoughts? Sorry this is so long winded.

ds

I have found two options which claim to fix this issues.

Option 1:

1. Press Windows R, type regedit and press enter.

2. Open the Registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.

4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.

5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.

6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.

7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Note After you remove the UpperFilters registry entry and the LowerFilters registry entry, you may lose functionality in certain programs such as CD recording programs. In this scenario, you must reinstall any affected programs.

Option 2:

Click on Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click Command Prompt -> Run as administrator.

Paste the following line and hit enter afterwards

bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

This should solve the problem of DVD drives not being recognized in Windows 7.

I hope either of these will fix your issue, however, as a precaution (in case these methods doesn't work) I've messaged the right person to look into these matters, and hopefully, whenever he has time he will get back to you. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back