Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Refining Android's Most Popular Phone

Scorpus

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/814-samsung-galaxy-s5/]https://www.techspot.com/review/814-samsung-galaxy-s5/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

An informative, in depth review as usual. It makes for an interesting read (plus video) but this phone is not for me, a S5 mini would be more my speed.

So, what I take from all this is that this is pretty much "S4 v2.0", is that about right?

There is little difference from S4, that's the main problem, not that much can be improved hardware-wise anyway but features like heartbeat sensor is just a gimmick, S health is also something I would never use (not that I never work out), same goes for S voice. I have no need for fingerprint reader and many of Samsungs apps like their Store. Z2 and One M8 seem more attractive.

Nice review. The video is way too long though. I think 10 minutes should be the max you guys should do!

All the reviews mention the Z2 but this site has not done a review yet!

It's coming! Will be the next smartphone review you'll see, slowly been working through the recent trilogy of releases (which also includes the HTC One M8 and the Galaxy S5)

How does the phone sound?
How fast was the data connection? I live in a rural area, am curious how it would perform on sprint/verizon.

Can you talk on the phone while browsing?

How does the phone sound?
How fast was the data connection? I live in a rural area, am curious how it would perform on sprint/verizon.

Can you talk on the phone while browsing?

Phone sounds fine for calls, the back speaker is pretty hopeless though. As for data speeds I got 50 Mbps down on my local LTE networks in Australia, no idea about Sprint or Verizon. Not sure about talking on the phone while browsing (it's not something I've ever done), but I believe it's possible on HSPA+

crop1.jpg

@Railman
S5's camera struggles to produce correct colors (over sharpens the images it produces). For some it may be alright, probably because these shots look great on SAMOLED screens, but IMHO it doesn't have what it take to compete with other heavy hitters in this category.

Source: gsmarena review of S5

S5's camera struggles to produce correct colors (over sharpens the images it produces). For some it may be alright, probably because these shots look great on SAMOLED screens, but IMHO it doesn't have what it take to compete with other heavy hitters in this category.
From those photos I think the Nokia looks the best and Z1 next. However there may be other factors to take into account. What is without doubt a high end smart phone will never come close to a proper mid range camera.

Back