Samsung SM-352B Combo Drive ( SM352B )

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question and I was hoping somebody could help me out regarding this drive.

So far I can only find the black bezel version of this drive with a 2mb buffer. For some reason it appears that the black versions of this drive only come in bulk. I was told that the bulk versions of this drive only come in 2 mb buffer versions rather then the 8 mb buffer version with a beige bezel.

I only found a couple of sites that claimed to have the 8 mb buffer version in black. However, when I called them on it, they turned out not to be the retail version and only had 2 mb buffer.

Another guy in a forum told me that they only sell the black version in bulk. So if I wanted the 8 mb version I would have to settle for beige even though my case is black.

Does anybody out there have the black version (retail) with a 8mb buffer? If so where can I get one?

2MB Buffer is fine, as those drives have 'Super Link' buffer underrun protection.

Agreed. You don't need all that buffer if the drive uses buffer underrun protection.

Thanks Guys

Thanks for the reply guys. I didn't think that the extra buffer would do much. When I looked at the drives reviews it pretty much was on par with the top drives. However, I noticed that the top drives that performed just as well only had 2MB buffer.

Thanks again for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back