Sanko announces the iPhone pocket shaver

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member

iPhone accessories that utilize the Lightning connector are a dime a dozen but this one may be the most... interesting (or useless) of them all.

Japanese precision parts manufacturer Sanko Co. Ltd. has just released a pocket shaver for the iPhone. The device has a single shaving head of the type you would find on a normal electric razor. The gizmo has a Lightning port adapter attached directly to the razor cylinder and uses your iPhone's battery to power the blade.

The pocket shaver is only available in Japan and sells for 980 yen (about $9).

Just what everyone on the go needs, an electric razor that both fits in your pocket and drains your iPhone battery before you can even finish shaving.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Here are my favorite highlights from the article link (translated by Google):

"Pocket shaving which can be used immediately just by connecting to Lightning terminal."

"By the way, the ON / OFF switch is not installed. When connecting to the Lightning terminal, it starts moving suddenly."

"By the way, no waterproof function is installed."

I think it's a very good use for an iPhone. That's all I'd use an iPhone for if someone GAVE me one because I sure wouldn't pay for it.

Here are my favorite highlights from the article link (translated by Google):

"Pocket shaving which can be used immediately just by connecting to Lightning terminal."

"By the way, the ON / OFF switch is not installed. When connecting to the Lightning terminal, it starts moving suddenly."

"By the way, no waterproof function is installed."

Yep, Google still can't translate Japanese to english worth a dam.

I wouldn't mind being able to do touch ups anywhere.

And just how long do they think that Lightning socket is going to last due to the stresses put on it by pushing a shaver around your face?
They clearly haven't thought this one through.

Back