Sapphire ATI RADEON 9800 Pro suddenly giving problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

foycur

I had to send my ASUS P4P8X motherboard back to the company for them to fix the on board LAN (which, incidentally, they didn't fix). I had my vid card running in it before I sent it back and had no problems with the card at all. Now, I am getting all kinds of lines and polygon shapes with all my games. I uninstalled old drivers, reinstalled the latest drivers, and no luck. Aside from reseating the card (which I'm about to do), does anyone else have any ideas?
I'm mad as hell at ASUS for not fixing the problem in the first place, and now I'm wondering the either the mobo is hosed or the vid card is hosed.

P4/2.8 GHZ Pentium IV processor
ASUS P4P8X motherboard, just returned from ASUS for a LAN problem, got my BIOS fixed (which I didn't think need fixing, but oh well)
Kingston 512 MB x 2 PC3200 DDR memory
On board audio
Sapphire RADEON 9800 PRO Card
Thermaltake 480 W power supply

The vid card worked just great before ASUS got it. Could something have happened to the motherboard or BIOS that is causing the vid card to act like this? I've had the problem with FS 2002 and Madden 2005.

And how do I set up a footer so I don't have to type in my specs every time?

foycur said:
I had to send my ASUS P4P8X motherboard back to the company for them to fix the on board LAN (which, incidentally, they didn't fix). I had my vid card running in it before I sent it back and had no problems with the card at all. Now, I am getting all kinds of lines and polygon shapes with all my games. I uninstalled old drivers, reinstalled the latest drivers, and no luck. Aside from reseating the card (which I'm about to do), does anyone else have any ideas?
I'm mad as hell at ASUS for not fixing the problem in the first place, and now I'm wondering the either the mobo is hosed or the vid card is hosed.

P4/2.8 GHZ Pentium IV processor
ASUS P4P8X motherboard, just returned from ASUS for a LAN problem, got my BIOS fixed (which I didn't think need fixing, but oh well)
Kingston 512 MB x 2 PC3200 DDR memory
On board audio
Sapphire RADEON 9800 PRO Card
Thermaltake 480 W power supply

The vid card worked just great before ASUS got it. Could something have happened to the motherboard or BIOS that is causing the vid card to act like this? I've had the problem with FS 2002 and Madden 2005.

And how do I set up a footer so I don't have to type in my specs every time?
As mentioned in an other thread yes its just a on going headache the 9800 cards,Some may work for just a little while and then come back with problems and not just one problem,Its in the build of the card they should be trashed,Buy a 9600 SAPPHIRE,you will come back and say thanks.

9800 pro

Ive only had my shapphire ati radeon 9800 pro for 2 weeks but am well impressed, and ive heard nothing but good things about them. 3 on my friends have the same card, an had them for a while and have nowhere near any problems with them at all. The omega driver rock and give you the best quality from the cards :)

I checked my processor temperature

I used ASUS Probe to monitor my temperature of the CPU during Madden 2005. It maxed out its temp at 51 C. The only reason why I checked was because I switched from a thermal pad to thermal paste (Best Buy Dynex). I don't know what my processor ran at when I had the pad on, because I never had a problem with the card prior to sending back the Mobo.

I'll be taking the card to a friend's house and putting it in his system to see if it's that or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back