SAS

circusboy01

I upgraded to the new version of SAS last night. I really like it. It gave me three choices. Real Time Protection, Scheduled scans, and Automatic updates Which one should I choose? If I chose Real time protection. Wouldn't that mean that it would run in real time. Causing it to clash with Avast? thanks Ray. Oops I mean CB. This isn't an E-mail.

SAS (pronounced "sass", originally Statistical Analysis System) is an integrated system of software products provided by SAS Institute Inc. that enables programmers to perform:

* retrieval, management, and mining
* report writing and graphics
* statistical analysis
* business planning, forecasting, and decision support
* operations research and project management
* quality improvement
* applications development
* data warehousing (extract, transform, load)
* platform independent and remote computing

In addition, SAS has many business solutions that enable large-scale software solutions for areas such as IT management, human resource management, financial management, business intelligence, customer relationship management and more.

SAS (pronounced "sass", originally Statistical Analysis System) is an integrated system of software products provided by SAS Institute Inc. that enables programmers to perform:

* retrieval, management, and mining
* report writing and graphics
* statistical analysis
* business planning, forecasting, and decision support
* operations research and project management
* quality improvement
* applications development
* data warehousing (extract, transform, load)
* platform independent and remote computing

In addition, SAS has many business solutions that enable large-scale software solutions for areas such as IT management, human resource management, financial management, business intelligence, customer relationship management and more.

In this case SAS simply means Superantispyware. CB

circusboy01; avast! usually don't clash with other antivirus' running under the same operating system (provided you aren't using XP 64). avast! does restrict antivirus' like Norton and McAfee a little though (but who's blaming them ;) ).

Leaving RTM on seems like the best option in my ears. Provided one can live with the extra booting time - the PC will be just a little slower in performance, too. Downloading big files will take a lot longer, that's basically it.

You wouldn't want to run two AV's though, the whole point is to not use up valuable resources (well at least as little as possible), and it would defeat the purposes of that, plus it will likely clash at some point. Two AV's is not safer, just stick to one as a general rule.

I prefer Spybot as well, but each to their own. :)

I don't have that issue with Linux anyway. :haha:

You wouldn't want to run two AV's though, the whole point is to not use up valuable resources (well at least as little as possible), and it would defeat the purposes of that, plus it will likely clash at some point. Two AV's is not safer, just stick to one as a general rule.

I prefer Spybot as well, but each to their own. :)

I don't have that issue with Linux anyway. :haha:

I have Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, Spyware Blaster, Spybot S&D and Avast.
I remember there was someone here at TS that said I didn't need all that protection. That it was just bogging down my system. But This configuration of protection was recommended to me.by the folks over at WorldStart. It's supposed to cover all bases
What one misses another gets,and my system is in no way bogged down. I just thought I remembered hearing somewhere that if you ran any of these in real time it would clash with your Antivirus. CB

I have Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, Spyware Blaster, Spybot S&D and Avast.
I remember there was someone here at TS that said I didn't need all that protection. That it was just bogging down my system. But This configuration of protection was recommended to me.by the folks over at WorldStart. It's supposed to cover all bases
What one misses another gets,and my system is in no way bogged down. I just thought I remembered hearing somewhere that if you ran any of these in real time it would clash with your Antivirus. CB

Sod running all of that! :haha:

Each to there own, but I don't run, nor need to run a thing in Linux. Job jobbed. ;)

Sod running all of that! :haha:

Each to there own, but I don't run, nor need to run a thing in Linux. Job jobbed. ;)

Ah. Perhaps someday in the future Wndows won't need anything either.Until then, We can Dream.. CB

P.S. First time I ever saw the word Sod used bny anyone other than Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer :haha shows how much I know. Thought it was just a made up word they used to replace swearing. CB

I'm English (well techically I'm a mix of Australian, Canadian (did I just say that!), and Scottish but), the language barrier can be confusing sometimes, even though we speak the same language, the dialect can be different... Especially with "ou" in words, rather than the US "o", and the "s" we use instead of "z".

You'd be surprised how often it confuses people. :haha:

I'm English (well techically I'm a mix of Australian, Canadian (did I just say that!), and Scottish but), the language barrier can be confusing sometimes, even though we speak the same language, the dialect can be different... Especially with "ou" in words, rather than the US "o", and the "s" we use instead of "z".

I think your English is probably easier to understand than the English they Speak, here in the deep south.:haha: CB

By the way. What does Sod mean. Is it just a slang word?

Aye, it is, similar in use to the term used to describe a female dog. Or pee off, or the other ruder, f off word. Its meant in a fun way rather than an insulting way though.

Ah. Perhaps someday in the future Wndows won't need anything either.Until then, We can Dream.. CB

P.S. First time I ever saw the word Sod used bny anyone other than Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer :haha shows how much I know. Thought it was just a made up word they used to replace swearing. CB

circusboy01, I think you are thinking of s o b not Sod. Of course I could be incorrect.:grinthumb

I kinda like British words better. It all depends on your favourite flavour.:D

Aye, it is, similar in use to the term used to describe a female dog. Or pee off, or the other ruder, f off word. Its meant in a fun way rather than an insulting way though.

So it's a catch all word for a multitude of cuss words. Said in a joking manner.
Wish we had a word like that, I'd be using it all the time. you don't mind if I borrow yours do you?:haha:

Hazards of acronyms

Acronyms are a nightmare due to the assumptions.
  • A/V anti-virus verus audio/visual
  • CSS: Cascading Style Sheets vs some-game-i've never seen
From my background SAS is a big player in the mainframe world and this Wiki

Using fully spelled-out titles is a pain but using a style like
I upgraded to the new version of SAS(Superantispyware CB) last night . . .​
would have been helpfull.

btw: IMO;
SAS as an acronym for Superantispyware CB just doesn't come close to anything obvious :)

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted.,

Heres what's going on It turns out nobody is stealing my wireless signal. I'm not going to change from WEP to WPA. At least until I find and fix whatever is slowing my PC down. With that in mind I am going to attempt to send A HJT log in hopes that someone would analyze it for me Thanks once again CB.

I cant do it... Got very good instructions from lookingaround.. Copied them wrong or flubbed them up some way or another.
Heres what I did wrote this post and put it over on the right side of my screen. Created the HJT log put it over on the left side of the screen. Then I clicked edit on the log. On the drop down menu clicked select all. This shaded the log in blue. Went to TS . Right clicked in the body of the post and clicked Paste didn't work. oh well maybe tonight a good fairy will come and wacks my pc with a magic wand. and it will be working tomorrow. Better yet she wacks me with the wand, and it puts me in a coma (fairys are stronger than they look,) So I wont have to think about it any more

Heres what's going on It turns out nobody is stealing my wireless signal. I'm not going to change from WEP to WPA. At least until I find and fix whatever is slowing my PC down. With that in mind I am going to attempt to send A HJT log in hopes that someone would analyze it for me Thanks once again CB.

I cant do it... Got very good instructions from lookingaround.. Copied them wrong or flubbed them up some way or another.
Heres what I did wrote this post and put it over on the right side of my screen. Created the HJT log put it over on the left side of the screen. Then I clicked edit on the log. On the drop down menu clicked select all. This shaded the log in blue. Went to TS . Right clicked in the body of the post and clicked Paste didn't work. oh well maybe tonight a good fairy will come and wacks my pc with a magic wand. and it will be working tomorrow. Better yet she wacks me with the wand, and it puts me in a coma (fairys are stronger than they look,) So I wont have to think about it any more

AFTER you clicked SELECT ALL & it was highlighted, you could right click the highlighted area & click copy. THEN go to your post & Right click,click PASTE on it & paste it in the post & it shound show up.

Back