SATA an memory probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, got a annoyin problem. I just installed a new hard drive an its a sata, which should ( from what ive read ) cause no problems in and of itself, i have this-

Asus A7N8X deluxe mobo
512mb pc3200 DRR400
Western Digital 40gb hardrive

first the memory was fine, but my pc didnt see the drive, then after some looking on my mobo i found a previously unmentioned anywher jumper, change it to enable the sata, great!. Now ive updated my bios an mobo drivers, an the broblem has doubled

The pc sees the drive windows sees the raid controller, goes to instal it then says " there was an error while installing your new hardware" then underneath " data was invalid ", joy.
But also now i get another prompt this time " PCI memory" 5 of them, all now neatly lined up in device manager screaming their insolence at me.

Now all i can think to do is try to back up to either-1 the last nVidia mobo drivers i had- 2 the last bios i had..... of course if i hadnt already tried both of these and had my pc laugh in my face, full of smugness, they might actually not just annoy me even more.
On a slightly less testy note, why do we all keep upgradin when we know our pcs are just waitin for us to so they can go crazy, and laugh at us punny humans

I cant think of anythin else, ive tried just about everythin i can, so please help me to crush this Matrix like uprising..... before i crush my pc by way of my window and the concrete paving beyond.
Thank you

try looking in , administrative tools.. and try formating , and partioning the drive update all of it drives .. bios and everything so your computer gets to this date..

Try downloading a copy of the sata drivers for your motherboard, and installing from those...

The shipped versions of drivers frequently aren't great, and getting a new copy often can address other issues as well.

Ahem since the last post i have found humility, and have bowed to my computers wishes to not have a SATA drive, i took it back and swapped it for the IDE version.
I dont see this as a defeat, just........ well maybe a defeat, but, in the great computer game of life, arent we all winners?

Or some crap like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back