Sata and ide boot issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to run my SATA to hold Windows, I got that to happen. Now I can't get my other three IDE harddrives to work in conjuction with the SATA now that its the main one.

Usually it loads up and all and I can tell its reading the SATA and even the IDE, but it just stops after it says Verifying DMI Data Pool.

I've tried putting my ide as primary, slave, and whatnot. I even have an IDE PCI card and it still wont run both at the same time...am I missing something?

What motherboard? and are you running Windows XP" if so what service pack?

what do y mean your first boot is SCSI? is this some kind of dual boot set up?

Sorry I meant to say that it only runs if it boots from a SCSI instead of a HD, CD, Floppy, etc. (No clue what I'm talking about)

that sounds like it could be aproblem with the way the drives are configured in the bios. do you have the latest bios available for your board?

the default sequence is usually 1. Floppy Drive 2. HArd drive 3. CD Rom

it is possible that having a SCSI drive attached changed the boot sequence. check in the bios to be sure that your Sata drive is the boot drive. you can also try making it the first boot device.

Well as my BIOS lets me, I need to pick from either a SCSI or Raid boot card (or something of the sort) Then I can only select a SCSI to boot from for my first boot device, is there supposed to be an option to boot from a SATA. I Used SCSI as the boot card or whatnot seeing as I can't run a Raid with one SATA.

don't some sata setups show up as scsi in the bios
I heard it here somewhere
and even so there's nothing wrong with the boot up
just not showing the other ide drive??
make sure that the 2nd boot is the drive (0)
3rd is cdrom , disable boot floppy seek
and enable boot other

When I said check to make sure that your sata drive si the boot drive int he bios I meant look for the name of your drive. ie; my boot drive is a seagate sata and shows up in the bios as ST3160023AS.

thanks, I think I got it to work, not I'm having problems inside windows, it wont let me initialize the drive, it tells me there is an internal error. Guessing maybe my drive pooped out on me, I'll try to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back