SATA Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

yello88

I have recently built a computer using the ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 which has plenty of PCI slots and SATA ports. Unfortunately, after using the 6 SATA ports for a SSD boot disk, and a RAID 5 using 5 HDD, I no longer have any space for CD/DVD drives. My question is, what controller would I need to have about 4 (2 is also sufficient) more SATA ports? I've looked around online, because where I live computers really haven't been invented yet, and I see a lot of RAID controllers, but I don't see the need for that. What would be a recommended controller for CD/DVD drive SATA port expansion? *Note: I’m only using the first PCIe 2x16 for my video card that covers over the PCI slot under it.

I was looking at that one in particular this morning! Would SATA150 be choice for DVD-RW? Would that effect the speed? or would I not even notice?
Also, I was looking for one that has support for Win7x64, and dunno if I can say it here, but SYBA doesn't seem to have support for much on Win7 platforms.
Thanks again
*EDIT* Just took a second look at the SYBA site, it does seem like they would have the drivers to support that card on Win7x64 platforms, but you would have to use the Vista drivers, that usually happens, and works too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back