Sata host controller card not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a SATA host controller card but it is not working in my computer. I don't think it has anything to do with the drivers in windows because when I go into the bios setup it sees everything except the SATA controller and the hard drive I plugged into it. I have tried it in four different PCI slots, checking connections each time and none of them are working. My computer is fairly old, so I thought perhaps the card was incompatible with the slots, but it’s PCI rev 2.2 and so is the USB port card that I bought at the same time and it's working perfectly. I’ve run out of ideas and I’m not sure what to do next to try fixing the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The SATA controller card is a Syba sd-sata2-4ir, and my computer is a Compaq Deskpro EN P933, with a Pentium 3 processor and 512 MB of RAM.

You dont give an OS, but if the PC is fairly old, I would guess a specific driver for the card would be needed. Did nothing come with the card ? Have you checked the m/f site?

Thank you for replying. The OS is Windows XP professional SP3, and the driver that came with the card is installed, but even with the driver installed windows doesn't see the card is plugged in.

RTM the card, after checking with the supplier for any known incompatibilities between the Compaq and the card. There is no point in exchanging it if there is an incompatibility. It might be better to exchange for a different make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back