SB Live 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaker Choice

I just bought a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 card for the home computer which is a VAR work in progress; Win 98SE, P3-850, 256K RAM.

The cruddy speakers just died and I need to get some new ones, but for where the computer is, and the makeup of the family, five-piece surround speakers are out but a three-piece set with a subwoofer is a possibility. I also need a headphone jack so my son can listen late at night.

Given the card, I'm looking at the Cambridge SoundWorks Digital system which can plug into the S/PDIF output of the SoundBlaster and I can put a headphone into the analog-speaker output on the card as well.

But I'm open to any other thoughts about a decent set of speakers for the card. Thanks.

Well, what do you want to use them for mainly? If it is DVD, get the DTT2500 (they are digital) are their analogue friends the DTT2200.
I have the DTT2200 at the moment and they are cool. I am about to get a new set of Hercules XPS-510's though. They are supposed to perform better that the DTT2200's, and they are cheaper.
I gaming is all you need then any 3 piece set (with a sub) will be nice. I recomend the DTT2200's though. Simply because I have run them through their paces, adn they perform admirably.

Good Luck!!!

hmmm

For watching movies, I suggest Altec Lansing ADA 890 because it's THX certified and has a great surround sound. And for 3D gaming, DTT2500 is the best (I think :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back