Screen blinking after playing Tiger Woods 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnK93

Hi all,
I've just recently started having problems after playing Tiger Woods 2006 for a few months. Now, sometimes during gameplay (like after a round) and usually when I exit, my screen just starts flickering continuously. I can see my desktop in between flickers, but I can't even shut down my computer. When I hit start, I see the start menu for 1 blink, then it's gone, so I can't get to "Shut Down". I end up having to power down my pc, which I don't like doing.

I have a widescreen monitor, and it seems to be happening when going from 1280x1024 (which is the game resolution) back to the desktop, which is 1680x1050. I have the nvidia setting to keep the 1280x1024 (with black sidebars) for programs that don't support widescreen (such as TW2006), if that matters. I do not have the problem with any other games, but all of the other games I've tried support widescreen.

I've tried re-installing both the game and my driver, but am still having the problem. BTW, I have a BFG 7800GT, no overclocking. Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

I hate to bump this up, but I've re-installed my drivers and the game a few times, and can't seem to shake this problem. I won't bump this again, but if anyone has any suggestions on what to try next, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
John

Well, I think I've figured out the problem and thought I would post in case anybody else has a similar problem. I hadn't played the game in a while, and didn't realize that since last playing I had installed SysMetrix and had it running on my desktop. When I turn off SysMetrix, the problem goes away. It must have been causing a problem somehow, but i think all is OK. If anybody knows why, I'd like to know.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back