Screen not starting up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Well my problem is quite simple, for about two weeks now my screen has been doing some weird stuff. It only came on once every three times I turned the computer on, and I had to lean it to one side etc ..
Now, since yesterday, it doesn't come on at all.

Basically the computer works fine apart from that, I get all the sounds of vista loading up, I can enter my password, vista loads up, and everything works normally, except that I can't see anything ..

I thought at first this problem would be just the screen that had a dodgy connection, but I tested taking a screenshot on my computer with the screen off, and copying it onto another computer, the screenshot is black ..

I guess it is a video card problem, I've taken it out, pu it back in, but as the computer is a laptop I don't have any spares around to test ..

Does anyone have a little idea?

boot into safe mode and roll back your video driver. windows update will often "help you out" by updating it for you. (hit f8 just before windows boots up and the advanced startup menu will come up. choose safe mode. if you see the windows splash screen you've hit f8 too late.)

Well, I don't think that the driver is the problem really, as it was working on and off for quite a while, and even if it was, the screen does not come on at all anymore, so booting in safemode is a bit of a challenge, rolling back the drivers even more ..

I would need to try with another graphics card really but I don't have one handy right now ..

Anyone have any ideas? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back