Screen Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleman

Ok basically i was playing combat arms before, exited, click on the itunes shortcut in the quick launch bar and my screen sorta flickerd a bit then the coloured lines went a bit spaz..but ive ended up with this result. wont go away :(:(
any ideas?

Looks like Video card issue
If this is an addon Video card, please try physically removing and then refitting the card.
You may need a new video card

it even displays it at bios and such and isnt that run off the motherboard not the video card?
even when its on standby
im certain its the screen
anyone had anything similar happen?

Hi, Im 99.9% certain you have cracked your screen im sure i can even see a couple of fracture cracks in the bottom right hand corner. Try a new screen or borrow one from a friend, but im certain thats your problem.
Good Luck
Ash

Yes try another screen (Yes it does look cracked to me too)

But still can be the video card even in bios (ie the video card is still running)

unrelated to here:..
@ cpu2008 I removed a reply of yours to a thread in Feb this year you just made, because the post directly above, stated to run the exact same program (Malwarebytes) Do not reply to old threads, unless adding something useful.

Edit:
@ cpu2008 I removed another reply of yours to a thread that 3 posts preceeding yours stated the same thing! Do not reply to threads, unless adding something useful. Again!

mm but i was the only one home and i didnt make contact with the screen?
its an lcd im not that silly :)

Ok, so a sure fire way to see whether or not your screen is cracked would be to turn the pc and screen of and then look at the screen close up, i would use a torch up closer and try to see if there are any cracks. Also, if your motherboard has onboard vga, then plug your monitor into that and see what happens, at least that way you can eliminate any gpu problems.
Ash

thanks for the support mate.
my dads method of fixing it was too punch a big old whole in the other side and if it did the asme thing..it like died and now its in the trash.
job well done!
cheers fellas

Hmm we may have found out how it first happened !

By the way physical anger is never a good option
Especially on Monitors that can explode !

Thanks for the update :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back