Seagate Barracuda 160GB dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFJ

Hi Friends,

colleague has a home PC Dell Dim5000 18 mts old with a 'Hard Drive error' at start up. He thinks its the HD that is dead. I can't test it on my PC because I think its a SATA and mine is a ATA....not sure what that means! but the connections are different.

Anyone out there have similar problems with Seagate HD's.

Regards

PFJ

Hi

Tell your friend to download the test tools for his make of drive from the manufacturers website, or if he has no web access, you do it, run the tests and see what it says. it may be dead or it may be a Motherboard fault, or something else, most PC shops in England will do a free diagnosis these days and are found 3 to a street where I live.

Oh and as for Seagate drives, I rate them at the top of the list for reliability.

Regards

Seagate drives are among the best, but any drive can fail. We have seen only one failure in over 500 drives. But Dells get banged around in shipping sometimes.
Go to www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/ then downloads... (or check www.seagate.com for the England version) You can download and use the Seatools software that will work off a floppy, CD, or Windows... and will quickly test the status of your drive. I prefer to use the floppy disk diagnostic, but your Dell may not have the Floppy. Instructions are available with the download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back