Seeking advice on P/S for big upgrade

[FONT=Calibri]Added some new H/W to my (2 ½ year old} system and now my Ocz Falit1ty 550 Watt P/S shuts off almost instantly upon powering up. I can’t see any way there’s a short, and it still runs alright if I disconnect the new W/D red 2TG hard drives and remove the new AMD 7950 video card. I wouldn’t be surprised if it heated up under load – but it can’t even begin to boot. I do a lot of editing, rendering, and converting of lengthy video files so I need to be able to accommodate and sustain a heavy CPU / GPU load.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]I used to think that 550 W was big, but now I’m looking to buy a heavier P/S. I would appreciate experienced opinions on how big I actually need to go. My system when upgraded will be:[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Gigabyte M/B GA890GPA-UD3H[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]AMD Black Edition four–core Phenom II @ 3.6GHz[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]TBD P/S[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]32 GB PC1600 (4x8)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]LG CD/DVD R/W; Blu-ray Read only[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]LG CD/DVD/ Blu-ray Read/Write[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Sapphire AMD HD 7950[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri](4) W/D red 2TG harddrives[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri](1) 240 GB Consair SATA III SSD[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]When Intel releases its next “Tick” I may upgrade to a new Intel CPU and an appropriate new M/B, but that’ll probably use less power than my present AMD CPU does now.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]I am looking at the SeaSonic X Series X-850 that Newegg has on sale through today for $129.99. It seems to have good reviews. [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Thoughts anyone?[/FONT]

I would considering picking up any of the follow:

Corsair TX650 ($89.99)
Corsair TX750 ($109.99)
Antec Neo Eco 620 (69.99)

All will provide you with solid performance. I would also recommend an 850W variation of either the TX or HX Corsair PSU's. That will give you a bit of room for future upgrades.

Back