Services Failed to Launch - Will now Restart - Windows Server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have been looking of an answer to this issue for quite sometime.

Issue: I have installed fress win 2008, installed wg111t driver (wireless adapter), installed win rar, vs2005, vs2008 msdn, and then i restart. And it hangs at the black screen for a long time, after which it finnaly goes to login page. I login, an error pops up saying that plug and play failed to initialize, then something about group policy service, and restarts within a minute.

I have tried:
Different type of boots, well to no avail, it will restart in safe mode as well.
Repair console, i did two commands (fixboot and fixmgr i think) succesful with no results.
Then sfc /scannow doesn't want to work says failed to start windows repair service or something of the sort.

Im not sure what to do at the moment. I just reinstalled after the first time this happened, and second time it happened almost right away.

Any advice would be appreciated...

About wireles on a server, well its temporary wireless

btw, this all looks to be like a DOS(Denial of service) virus,

If you do indeed suspect an infection I highly recommend going to the Virus and Malware removal forum here at Tech Spot.

Then read the 8 Step sticky and follow it step by step. Don't skip any and when you are finished post there with the three required logs. You should get some excellent help.

What does the Event Viewer have to say about this?

I would do as Route44 advises with these changes.
Download and install and update all the 8 steps including my RPM below.

If you are on a network and since it works for a while you may be getting infected from the www or Network.

Since you can not install Avira, Avg or most all free AntiVirus programs on Server you will have to purchase a Server AntiVirus, I know that ThreatFire will work on Server 2003 so try that. Comodo used to but I think they changed that.

But Threatfire is VERY good so get that install go to settings and Max the sensitivity. Then watch carefully what programs you approve to run.

The mention of Group Policy indicates this may be a permissions issue (perhaps caused by malware) so download the below and run it on the desktop. It will produce a RPM folder.

Enter folder and run RPM.BAT.
http://www.adrive.com/public/ca3d9b8053c29d5c86715faad6c76177177f393045b37431464a2fc9213275c1.html

Download install and update all the above then unplug network cable, boot to Safe Mode and run them all beginning with RPM.

Boot back up to normal and test for problem resolution well before plugging back to network, Clear all event logs so only events from this point are recorded.

Then watch for ThreatFire to fire if something tries to come in. Especially if the 8 Steps finds Malware. So post these logs.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back