setup.exe Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without getting into the details of my stupidity I infected my computer with a couple of issues. I have files I can't delete that I know are bad and I'm getting pop ups at random times.

Below is my hijack this log. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, jepaul, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums :)

With regards to your problem, please read this thread to see how to attach your hijack this logs to your post instead of copy and pasting them in

also please follow the instructions on renaming the program :) thanks

i have looked through your log and i see this entry:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AXIS TONS THE MP3] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Readme Live Axis Tons\First option.exe

it doesn't look very nice to me so i wondered if you recognise the name, otherwise it is more than likely malware

I am not sure what that is.

I updated some profile information so I hope that helps. Thanks for all the quick responses so far. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to be doing to maintain proper ettiquette.

you're doing well so far so you get top marks from me ;)

i've been looking through google and it seems that the entry i mentioned earlier is malware so have hjt fix that entry

i've been scrutinising the rest of the log and can't see anything bad so i think other than that one entry it's clean :)

O wow that is great. I ran the fix and all my other problems worked themselves out. Was able to delete the files I couldn't and CCCleaner finaly ran through the entire scan without gettign stuck.

Thanks so much for the fast responses.

Is there anyway to help support this site?

you're welcome :D

as far as i know there's no sort of donation system but you can look around the forums and see if there are any threads that you think you can help out with :)

another good thing is to just look at a thread or tutorial etc that sounds interesting and have a read, you can learn a lot on here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back