Shockwave Flash Crashes on Internet Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chivas

Hi there! I don't know if this is a malware/virus problem or a technical problem (program bugs, bad files, whatever)... however, my problem is that my internet browsers will crash whenever there's a youtube video on a page I'm viewing...

FireFox gives me the following message:

Shockwave Flash

The plug-in performed an illegal operation. You are strongly advised to restart FireFox.

Using FireFox 3 won't solve the problem, neither uninstalling and installing shockwave flash again... I have ran AVG, Spybot and Ad-Aware and none of those removes the problem...

Dunno if any of you have had this problem, if so... any advice on solving this would be truly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have had the same issues with this program on IE6. I don't know if this will work for you but Adobe has an uninstaller that you can download and run. Completely unistall and then reinstall flash player. It worked for me.

Route44 said:
I have had the same issues with this program on IE6. I don't know if this will work for you but Adobe has an uninstaller that you can download and run. Completely unistall and then reinstall flash player. It worked for me.
It didn't work for me. :(

Dunno what's the problem. I think this is Malware.

Anyway, I ran all the spyware programs and antivirus programs shown on one of the stickied threads...

here are the results:

Ad-Aware didn't find anything, just one tracking cookie... removed
Spybot S&D didn't find a thing
Malware Bites Anti-Malware didn't find a thing
Avast Antivirus didn't find a thing
Panda anti-rootkit scan, didn't find anything

Here are the logs of ComboFix, MBAM and HJT

Let me know if there's anything wrong here.

Thanks.

I have found a related problem.

On the Programs list... Macromedia Flash Player 8 appears... however, when I try to uninstall it, it shows me an error because I don't have the 'install_flash_player_active_x.msi' file...

either way, after this, the program disappears from the Add/Remove Programs list...

however, when I run it again... it does appear again...

I have downloaded such file, but it's for Flash Player 9... I think this is part of the problem... any ideas on how to solve it?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back