Should I get an SSD?

StaticEndo

building my first computer soon, and I'm having a massive internal conflict that's really starting to annoy me because i can't decide. SSD or no SSD???

I'd really like to get an SSD because of the ridiculous speed, and less noise than HDD's

but then again, they're really expensive and they don't last as long as HDD's.

my budget is under 1000 AUD, and i'm just having trouble trying to decide whether to get an SSD or not...
if i do get an SSD, i'll have to work around my budget, and end up with an SSD but not quite as good other parts,
if i don't get an SSD i can have fun buying good parts i trust.
i'll be using the computer for everyday stuff, but also gaming and quite a lot of music & movies & web browsing & work.

also i want this computer to last minimum 5 years.

please give me an answer... SSD or no SSD.

I would only purchase a 60 or 80GB SSD and only use it for the operating system files. Get one or two 500GB hard drives for back up, program, games, pictures and other files. SSD's do not last nearly as long as regular hard drives, but this will improve as manufacturing techniques improve

I do the same stuff, I have two HDD,have all my steam games on the big drive , my Win10 on the smaller drive,boot time 31 seconds , I play fallout4 as well , but I have more demanding Games like Doom, DXMD,TR ,I have a gaming rig with 32GB of Ram,290x CFX system , sounds like your happy with your setup, you didn't mention your system spec, for a better gaming experience ,at 1080p ,1060GTX or Rx480 with 16 GB of ram, fallout4 LOADs in less a min and chapter chance is time for the John, for for My system ,I run the game at 3200x1800 max out.

Last edited:
Back