"show hidden files" disabled by virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
i am jai and i have been experiencing a strange problem.I got a new antivirus , NOD and it cleaned lot of viruses last week, two days later i found that i cannot see my hidden files even if i am going to tools>folderoptions> show hidden files. i click this radio button and i go back and see it is not clicked. no hidden files become visible.

i am the administrator, so i think the issue is not about rights.

could some one suggest?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system may not be free from malware yet.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of greenjai only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Please post any further logfiles as attachments and not copy and pasted.

Your system is infected with the AGOBOT-NO WORM.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of greenjai only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

did all steps.except

Howard,

followed your steps to solve the problem.

here are some issues:
in step 8: ad aware refused to update bcos,and it said the server was busy for close to a hour.
in step 10: tool 1, that is, SmitfraudFix, did not run and the system said it can read the file.

in step 12: combo fix reported the same problem as smitfraud fix, it did not run and the system said it can read the file.

I have two new issues now:

1. my c and d drive are not opening if I double click, I have to right click and explore.
2. any folder, if I double click opens into a search page and does not open the folder.
3. the righclick menu of the c and d drive has some strange illegible scripts as the first and second in line of options. then come explore, open and the rest.

I am worried! please suggest should I reformat!

I am attachin the following:
screen shot of antirookit
avg antispyware report
hjt report.
hjt log.

Attachments

• antirootkitscrshot.JPG
    antirootkitscrshot.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Report-Scan-20070621-100100asp.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 21
  • hijackthis.log
    2.9 KB · Views: 8
Hi,

I noticed that your AVG log displays 'No Action Taken' for all the files detected.
I require you to run AVG again and quarantine the files. Pictorial instructions HERE.

Run AVG antirootkit again and fix both of the entries.

Then try downloading ComboFix from the link in my signature and running it again to see if it works.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of greenjai only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back