SkyNet virus has shut down PC; cannot boot up at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

a week ago the "Internet Security 2010" virus hit my laptop causing massive failure, inability to boot up in even safe mode. Had the company tech guru fix, long and grueling ordeal.

Now, home PC (Vista op system) pc has been infected with "SkyNet" virus, also causing it to not start up in safe or nomal mode. Have access to command prompt only.

Have attempted to run AVG, Malware Bytes but am prevented from doing so. Spybot runs, but with no affect.

Can someone please advise how to get the solution going? I have the 8 tools from this site, but am unable to run via only command prompt.

Thank you in advance!!:wave:

1. Download Dr.Web LiveCD: ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/livecd/minDrWebLiveCD-5.0.1.iso
2. Download, and install free Imgburn: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
3. Using Imgburn, burn minDrWebLiveCD-5.0.1.iso to a CD.
4. Make sure that the CD/DVD drive is set as the first-boot device. Adjust corresponding BIOS settings, if necessary.
5. Insert Dr.Web LiveCD into the drive and restart computer.
6. As loading starts, a dialogue window will pop up:

livecd1.gif

7. Press Enter to continue with DrWeb-LiveCD (Default) mode.
8. The operating system will detect all available disk drives automatically. It will also try to connect to the local network, if available.
9. Check the disks or folders you want to scan, and click on Start.

Dr.Web LiveCD user manual: ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/livecd/LiveCD-en.pdf

Am I the only one getting the "Dr. Web instruction manual" (via your link) in a Cyrillic alphabet? It is tagged "ru.pdf"

Apparently not only you. Me too. Something has changed.
Dr.Web is a Russian application.
Let me see, if I can find English link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back