SL-DVI-I and DL-DVI-D ports graphics card

Hope someone can answer this: I have a XFX Radeon HD 6670 1GB, DDR graphics card with 2 ports (as noted in the subject.) I am able to get one monitor to display from the DVI-D port, but have tried 3 different monitors on the DVI-I port and none would identify or work. I bought an AVG to DVI-I cable and tried that, to no avail. I am really believing that the left port (DVI-I) is bad and I should get a new card. I do not know of any other way to 'test' it. I wanted a simple dual monitor set-up. I appreciate any help you can offer.

Attachments

• 2013-01-04 15.00.01_resized.jpg
    2013-01-04 15.00.01_resized.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 2013-01-04 14.52.32_resized.jpg
    2013-01-04 14.52.32_resized.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 3
Might be an obvious question but have you enabled the second monitor in Catalyst Control Centre? Also what resolutions are the monitors?

Might be an obvious question but have you enabled the second monitor in Catalyst Control Centre? Also what resolutions are the monitors?
Thanks! No, I have not enabled in CCC. I didn't know if it was installed with the card or not. I was incorrect in my description of the working and "non-working" ports on the graphics card. I had them reveresed (they're not labeled on the card itself and I was looking at the picture on the box.) Apparently, the one port, the DVI-D port will only accept digital and I had an analog VGA cable on my LCD monitor. The DVI-I port will accept either analog or digital. I called the graphics card manufacturer and they were helpful. I have downloaded CCC, but have no idea how to use it. The LCD monitor is 1680x1050 and right now, the CRT I have hooked up is 1280x1024. I may replace this old CRT down the line with a like LCD, but have become used to doing my Photoshop work on a 3:4 screen, rather than wide screen.

In CCC go to Desktop Management -> Creating and Arranging Desktops and extend onto the second monitor.

In CCC go to Desktop Management -> Creating and Arranging Desktops and extend onto the second monitor.
Thank you so much for your reply. I just hooked up the DVI-D cable and I now have both monitors. I extended desktop and am thrilled...after a week of insanity and trying every hook-up imaginable. The problem seemed to lie in the DVI-D port that would only accept a digital signal (and my older cable was VGA to digital.)

Back