Posts: 12,206 +120
Sling TV CEO Roger Lynch said Apple TV is their most requested platform and they’re excited to finally offer it. The executive added that Siri Remote and touch will enable Sling TV’s new UI to deliver the sort of highly polished experience Apple fans have come to expect.
New Sling TV subscribers that pre-pay three months of service can score a 32GB Apple TV for $89 (regularly $149). Similar discounts are also available on Roku hardware for those that aren’t interested in Apple’s platform.
In related news, Sling TV has expanded its service offerings with the addition of a dozen Viacom networks. The OTT provider has also introduced a new “Extra” bundle and rebranded its Lifestyle Extra package as Lifestyle Plus Extra.
The 12 new Viacom networks joining Sling TV include Comedy Central, Nick Jr., BET, NickToons, TeenNick, MTV, Spike, MTV2, Logo, CMT, TV Land and VH1.
Comedy Central has been added to the core $20 single-stream package with the other channels being slotted into various Extra packages. The new breakdown is as follows:
- Kids Extra” includes Nick Jr., NickToons, TeenNick, Disney Jr., Disney XD, Boomerang, Baby TV and Duck TV.
- “Comedy Plus Extra” debuts with MTV, Spike, MTV2, Logo, CMT, TV Land and truTV.
- “Lifestyle Plus Extra” (formerly Lifestyle Extra) includes VH1, BET, Cooking Channel, DIY, FYI, WE TV and Lifetime Movie Network.
All other Extras remain unchanged for the single-stream offering.
Those that opt for Sling TV’s beta multi-stream service will see Comedy Central, Nick Jr. and BET added to the core pack. The other new channels will be spread out as follows:
- “Kids Extra – Beta” includes NickToons, TeenNick, Boomerang, Baby TV and Duck TV.
- “Comedy Plus Extra – Beta” includes MTV, Spike, MTV2, Logo, CMT and TV Land.
- “Lifestyle Plus Extra – Beta” includes VH1, Cooking Channel, DIY, FYI, WE TV and Lifetime Movie Network.
Again, all other Extras for the beta multi-stream service remain unchanged.