Slow Windows XP Pro Login

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesturday, when I was booting up my computer in the morning and I got to the login screen and I typed my password as usual, but the problem is when It actually logs in.
After I enter the password it will take about 30 seconds to get from that screen to my desktop, from there it will take about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes to load my taskbar and icons, usually it will take roughly 5-10 seconds.

I have no idea why, I searched google and only found fixes for Windows Server logins. The only thing I could possibly think of what caused it is when I was using one of your guides.
https://www.techspot.com/tweaks/windows_security/
I might of changed a setting I shouldnt have, but I dont know which one.

I also tried getting rid of stuff with CCleaner, I defraged and did about 5 different Spyware scans.

Thank you for any help.

Do you have more than one virus scanner installed? This is a classic symptom of such.

Start > Run > eventvwr.msc may give you additional clues. Look for errors in the System (most importantly) and Application sections. If you see anything that looks worthwhile feel free to Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V the details here (copy context menu is disabled for event viewer).

I only have one anti-virus; AVG
And I checked event viewer and found 2 errors during the start up today

1: Source:Service Control Manager
The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service hung on starting.

2:Source: Dhcp
The IP address lease 192.168.0.5 for the Network Card with network address 0013D4E29A51 has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back