Small problem with PSU

Captain Master

Hello!
I bought this gaming PC 1.5 years ago, and I recently had to buy a new HDD for it.
It's everything OK, unless the fact that it runs games at 40-50 FPS instead of 60. I tested my processor, and it showed some really bad results, so I bought a new AMD Fx 6300.
Now my PC runs games at 25-35 FPS.
Before we go into details, here are my PC specs:

CPU: AMD Fx 4300 3.8 Ghz (old)
AMD Fx 6300 (currently installed)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
RAM: 12 GB
HDD: 1 TB
Power Supply: 500W (keep this in mind)

So, I went to the shop where I bought my new CPU, and they tested my computer with a GeForce GTX 1050. Results? 9-10 FPS! Then I started being suspicious about the Power Supply. I think 500W is not enough to power up my whole system, since most parts use a lot of energy.
I just need someone to make me sure about that.

Thanks in advance!
Gabriel Vitali

A decline in FPS (the 1050 should have been slightly better) makes me wonder:
- thermal issue
- malware (BitDefender rescue disc might be a good idea)
- a bios setting (download manual for mobo)
- old drivers (chipset & audio on the mobo.... or even left over display driver from prior versions - use DDU, free utility available on this website)
- bad or corrupted anti-virus/anti-malware (download new, uninstall old and reinstall with new)

First step should be to inspect Task Manager in 'detailed' view to see what is using resources.

Also see: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000179.htm about slow computer.

Thanks for your help, my Computer went out for a week for some repairs, turns out there was a problem in the Motherboard and in the RAM Memory. It's all ok now!

Back