"Social" media Required

batsdude

As much as I find this site to be interesting and informative, I am EXTREMELY disappointed that it's not so individual as to not require "social" (nothing "social" about the inane sites) media requirements necessary for the "free" downloads. Anyone who utilizes these sites is seriously paying a price in the form of profiling. These alleged "social" places aren't rich from being nice to their users, they're rich from data farming USER's PERSONAL DATA and selling the profiles like meat in a supermarket, and what do the "users" gain? Pix of someone's cat, or a neighbors grandkid (yawn), while Suckerberg, and his ilk, just keep raking it in! The requirement by TS to HAVE to use these sites to get "freebies" is just plain discriminatory to anyone who doesn't want any association to "social" media bs. And ANY form of discrimination is wrong. Almost a great website, but I won't subject myself to data farming for anything that is allegedly free, but ultimately has a price. This makes TS just another shill for the net racketeers. Drop the "social" requirements for DL's and become the site you could be. Better than the rest!

I think he's trying to say we require a "like" or some other form of social interaction before you can download something from TechSpot... that's absolutely not the case.
GREAT.

Wife & I abandoned an AirBnB reservation due to the requirement of a social media reference which they clearly state would be used for adverts and of all dumb things, identity verification - - We laughed 'til our sides hurt.

Optional social media references is ok but mandatory is plain stupid.

I think he's trying to say we require a "like" or some other form of social interaction before you can download something from TechSpot... that's absolutely not the case.
I can't recall if I ever tried to download anything from here before I joined, but I can positively say I've never been asked to do anything other than click, "download" for about the last ten years. Even if this is a bug, it can't be more than a month or so old.
As much as I find this site to be interesting and informative, I am EXTREMELY disappointed that it's not so individual as to not require "social" (nothing "social" about the inane sites) media requirements necessary for the "free" downloads. Anyone who utilizes these sites is seriously paying a price in the form of profiling. These alleged "social" places aren't rich from being nice to their users, they're rich from data farming USER's PERSONAL DATA and selling the profiles like meat in a supermarket, and what do the "users" gain? Pix of someone's cat, or a neighbors grandkid (yawn), while Suckerberg, and his ilk, just keep raking it in! The requirement by TS to HAVE to use these sites to get "freebies" is just plain discriminatory to anyone who doesn't want any association to "social" media bs. And ANY form of discrimination is wrong. Almost a great website, but I won't subject myself to data farming for anything that is allegedly free, but ultimately has a price. This makes TS just another shill for the net racketeers. Drop the "social" requirements for DL's and become the site you could be. Better than the rest!
Good rant big guy! (y) Nine posts and you know positively how this site should be run......, um "your way"..

Hey, could I get a "like" from you for that? *nerd*

Last edited:
Back