Some audio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

antradox

i have just got myself a new soundcard just to support 5.1 as my onboard doesnt support 5.1

my speakers are logitech x530 5.1
sound card is creative soundblaster 5.1

when i connect to the onboard, there's only the green available (so no orange and black)so i got the soundcard, disabled the realtek ac97 at device manager. installed creative soundblaster 5.1 reboot. then i tried to play a movie and the audio wasnt in sync with the show. it chops and all that stuff. its damn annoying. ive updated the drivers for it, still does it. that also goes when playing audio cd's (the sync problem doesnt happen if i do it for games or music from hardrive). then i uninstalled the soundcard and reinstalled the realtek AC97 and the DVD's were in sync again!! so is there something wrong with the compatibility of my soundcard or something, cause i really want to use all 5 speakers for a movie.

my comp is

intel 3.0
1G RAM
80 G hardrive
radeon 9600 XT
(as of now realtek AC97)
standing by for usage hopefully- SoundBlaster 5.1

could be a basic i guess

hmm. havent actually tried to look for specific codecs. yeah, i guess i do the basic using device manager then update driver. is that from ms?

if there's a specific site that has th exact codec which one would it be ?

Ok, try this.

Download the free trial of PowerDVD. Once it`s installed, you can uninstall it if you want as it still leaves the DVD codec behind and active.

You should also make sure you have the latest DirectX installed.

If that doesn`t help, then I`m stumped.

Regards Howard :)

stumped..

guess what...it didnt work too, i tried that

i have come up with a solution that is to not use it and maybe give it away or something....hehehe, well erm i guess its a dodgy thing. went to creative website it said 'it does not provide support for it' because its an old soundcard i guess...

doubt it'll work, but if anyone out there still think they can figure out something then you're most welcome, but im still happy with my onboard (so what no surround, just turn it on LOUD!!) thanks for your help too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back