Some Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto_007

I am using WinXP 500Mhz 128 Ram... After 15 minutes of use it will freeze (I meant stuck there, can't click anything do any thing press or type anything...)

What is the most likely problem I am facing... Any idea would be appreciated...

There are many things to check

How old is your power supply? That could be dying. Maybe your Cmos battery is dying. Or it could be something more simple. Try doing a virus check, defrag, and disk cleanup. Does the lockup happen when you are surfing the net? Do you have an adware/spyware detection program? Run that. If after you have done all the necessary maintenance I would suspect hardware like the power supply. Hope that helps.

Thank buddy, I am appreciated the input...

This computer is about 5 years old from what I expect it could not be the Power Supply nor the Mobo, virus or adware would definetly out of this case because I only use this computer for Office used only. (I do connect it to net only for updated window or antivirus etc, then disconnect it)

From what you said I think it could be the CMOS battery? do all CMOS battery has varies size? what the cautious side I should take for consideration in replacing the battery? How do we suspect when CMOS battery need replacement? I thought there would be a warning either message up on window or a peepz?

Thank once again, I really appreciated the help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back