Something has gained control of my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I am running windows xp and just recently I noticed that I cannot execute my regedit and taskmngr programs. MS Config and Mscommand are accessable but there might be problems with them too. I have searched the internet and learned of a few worms that are out there from admail and shareware programs but I usually only use servers that I trust such as download.com. Nonetheless I have a big problem and I have tried deleting all kins of programs and have searched through forum threads for instructions but to no avail. I have installed Hijack This after MS Defender wouldn't work and I got a copy of the following log:

Can you tell me what looks suspicious in there and how I can roll back to a clean system without having to wipe the drive?

Thanks..

Crazybit
mikewhite0009@yahoo.ca

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with several nasties. It also appears you`re not running any antivirus or firewall software, you really need to install some asap. Links to free antivirus and firewall programmes are in the instructions I`m giving you.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Crazybit only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you for your help!

Thanks for your help. I installed all of the anti-viral softwares that you suggested and either super or prevx took care of it. A couple of small software reinstalls and all is well

Thankx
Crazybit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back