Sony announces PlayStation Hits line of budget-friendly fan favorites

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In context: Re-releasing classic games at a lower price is nothing new for Sony as the company has been conducting the practice since the original PlayStation through its Greatest Hits line. This latest promotion appears to be the same strategy as before, just with a slightly different name.

PlayStation fans looking to fill out their library of games will be happy to catch wind of Sony’s latest promotion.

PlayStation Hits is a selection of budget-friendly PS4 games that go easy on the wallet. Priced at $19.99 each in the PlayStation Store and at select retailers across the US, you’ll find a wide variety of titles in the collection including Bloodborne, The Last of Us Remastered, Project Cars, Ratchet & Clank, Battlefield 4, Metal Gear Solid V, Doom, Street Fighter V, Yakuza 0 and Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, just to name a few.

Games will range in price in Canada with prices starting at $19.99 CAD, Sony said.

At retailers, PlayStation Hits games will be offered in red packaging instead of the usual blue and on the PlayStation Store, participating games will feature a red banner to help them stand out from the crowd.

PlayStation Hits launch in the US and Canada on June 28. Additional titles will be added to the line-up over time, we’re told.

Permalink to story.

Got an email this morning UK and EU are getting this as well. games will be £15.99 in UK not till 18th July though

They will not take value of money in to count when exchanging currencies so it will be 20€, not paying 20€ if the real value is 17€. Even if they were cheaper I wouldn't buy them, year from now all the good games will get a ps5 "remaster" and they will try and sell them to you again. I will wait for the ps10 remasters and play on PC meanwhile, maybe ps10 can handle 60fps finally.... (give me option to play at 480p 60fps, anything under 60 gives headache and nausea)

They will not take value of money in to count when exchanging currencies so it will be 20€, not paying 20€ if the real value is 17€. Even if they were cheaper I wouldn't buy them, year from now all the good games will get a ps5 "remaster" and they will try and sell them to you again. I will wait for the ps10 remasters and play on PC meanwhile, maybe ps10 can handle 60fps finally.... (give me option to play at 480p 60fps, anything under 60 gives headache and nausea)

£16 in the UK...

Back